(warning - the following list is written by a completely enamored
brand new chick mama)
1. They already recognize my voice and chatter and run about excitedly when they hear me.
2. They remind me of my girlfriends and myself the rare times we get to go out to dinner, chat and catch up on everything.
3. The adorable way they stretch - leg pulled back and wing stretched out.
4. Their "big chicken" mannerisms.
5. They remind me of all the women in my family.
6. Whatever I feed them from my hand always seems to taste better to them then what's in their feeder.
7. How they try to fly up and roost on my arm.
8. How my little Australorp, Elizabeth Rose (a/k/a Rosie) seems to have taken on the roll of Mother Hen, even at this early age.
9. How their little butts wiggle when they poop.
10. How every single time I look at them, something else has changed... little feathers have sprouted, parts on their head have formed for wee baby combs to grow... they get bigger, taller and can fly higher.
11. How happy I am that they're mine!